Re: Re: Sequence of Bernoulli RVs
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73025] Re: [mg72998] Re: Sequence of Bernoulli RVs
- From: Ray Koopman <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 06:20:09 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: koopman at sfu.ca
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:24:07 +0100 akoz at mimuw.edu.pl wrote: > It is possible to make use of Mathematica to derive the equation, > provided one is (or choses to be) less clever than Ray ;-) > > The way to do it is by first trying to find the formula for exactly k > runs in a sequence of n trials. [...] I think cleverness here is changing the question to one whose answer not only allows us to answer the original question but also recognizes the underlying reason for asking that question.