sort and positon matrix element help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73050] sort and positon matrix element help
  • From: "comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica" <phdrelated at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:12:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi, guys,

        I am attacking one proble and may need your help.
        I have a large matrix(m*n). I wanna to sort out the matrix
from large to small according to its element's value AND save the
corresponding row and column number as its position. Latter on, plot
out the first 20 largest value accroding to their positions.
        Is there any good way to do this, especially take out the
positons of element and assocate it with the value?