Re: Graphics package in v6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78417] Re: Graphics package in v6
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 03:46:22 -0400 (EDT)

The first plot is a little problematic because it appears that one must
rotate the inverse function about the z axis and then Rotate the whole image
to bring the z axis to the x axis.

Graphics3D[
{Rotate[First@RevolutionPlot3D[Sqrt[t],{t,0,2}],{{0,0,1},{1,0,0}}]},
BoxRatios->{1,1,1}
]

The second plot can be done more easily with DrawGraphics because the Draw
statements always throws away the overall plot options and lets the user set
them in one place.

Needs["DrawGraphics6`DrawingMaster`"]
Draw2D[
 {ContourDraw[x^3*y + x*y^3 == 2, {x, -3, 3}, {y, -3, 3}]},
 Axes -> True]

Or using Show you can unset the Frame that was set by ContourPlot (and
picked up by Show) and then set the Axes.

Show[
 {ContourPlot[x^3*y + x*y^3 == 2, {x, -3, 3}, {y, -3, 3}]},
 Frame -> False,
 Axes -> True]

--
David Park