MathKernel graphics call fails in ASP web service

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78514] MathKernel graphics call fails in ASP web service
  • From: Joe Eddy <jceddy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 05:35:55 -0400 (EDT)

Alright, this is a pretty simple thing that doesn't seem to be
working, I have a web service with the following (very simple) example
web method:

[WebMethod]
public void SimpleTest()
{
        MathKernel kernel = new MathKernel();
        kernel.AutoCloseLink = true;
        kernel.CaptureGraphics = true;
        kernel.CaptureMessages = true;
        kernel.CapturePrint = true;
        kernel.GraphicsFormat = "Automatic";
        kernel.GraphicsHeight = 480;
        kernel.GraphicsResolution = 0;
        kernel.GraphicsWidth = 640;
        kernel.HandleEvents = true;
        kernel.Input = null;
        kernel.Link = null;
        kernel.LinkArguments = null;
        kernel.PageWidth = 60;
        kernel.ResultFormat = MathKernel.ResultFormatType.OutputForm;
        kernel.UseFrontEnd = true;

        kernel.Compute("Plot[x,{x,0,1}]");
}

When I call the method, I get this error:

Mathematica.exe - Application Error
The instructions at "0x004033fb" referenced memory at "0x0000000c".
The memory could not be "read".

It works fine if the string I feed to Compute() doesn't generate
graphics output, or if I put that function in, say, a Windows
Application it works fine.

I have been trying different arrangements of settings to the
MathKernel object, but so far haven't had any luck.

Any ideas?

I'm running .NET Framework version 1.1.