Re: problems with Export to HTML

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78626] Re: problems with Export to HTML
  • From: Nasser Abbasi <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 04:15:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 3, 2:51 am, Ken Levasseur <klevass... at mac.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to export a Notebook to a web page in Mathematica
> 6.0 and have been unsuccessful using either the menu item "Save as"
> or the Export  function.   If I use the menu item, I get a blank html
> page.  If I evaluate the expression
>
>             Export["Testing.html", "Testing.nb", "HTML"]
>
> I get a page with just the string "Testing.nb"  in it.  I can see
> why, but I also can't find documentation on how to use Export the
> same way as HTMLSave, which is now obsolete.
>
> HTMLSave does still work, but evaluating  the expression
>
>          HTMLSave["Testing.html", "Testing.nb"]
>
> doesn't  create a link to the contents of a closed group, if there is
> one.
>
> Ken Levasseur
> UMass Lowell

I have the same problem with version 6.  export to HTML does not work
for me. I posted this below many weeks ago. Posted the errors I am
getting. No solution. I think this is a bug. But it seems to affect
some of us. I am on XP SP2,

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/2dcbab93cc4b98bf/2b72ae36d14a6e75?lnk=gst&q=HTML+nabbasi&rnum=1#2b72ae36d14a6e75

Nasser