Re: Looking for tutorial on creating nice notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78600] Re: Looking for tutorial on creating nice notebooks
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 04:01:55 -0400 (EDT)

The documentation (and code) is still not complete enough on style sheets. I
have on my web site a notebook that shows how to make a style sheet in V6
and also a sample style sheet that has some features that I think are
generally useful. I still don't know how to easily embed the styles from a
designed style sheet into a notebook - so the recipient wouldn't need the
style sheet.

As to making nice notebooks I would have a lot to say. But I will keep it
short. Think of a Mathematica notebook as a piece of paper on which you are
writing your ideas. Don't think of Mathematica as a super calculator or as a
programming language. Use Section organization (with Automatic grouping).
Use lots of Text cells to explain what you are doing. Try to do all the
mathematics actively with no or minimal 'word processing'.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/