Manipulate stalls after a long session

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78489] Manipulate stalls after a long session
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 05:22:59 -0400 (EDT)

If I leave Mathematica open for a long while (where "long" might be 24
hours -- I haven't really tested this), and then try to use Manipulate, the
initial graphic is generally produced fine, but the slider is inoperative. If
I then close Mathematica and start the program back up, Manipulate works OK.
The kernel seems to be working fine, because mathematical expressions are
correctly evaluated and answers returned, even when Manipulate is "stalled".
   Any clues?

   This is using

In[3]:= $Version

Out[3]= "6.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (April 20, 2007)"

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov
PGP Key ID: 0x4DCA2A10