Re: Copying input from the Wolfram blog

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78612] Re: Copying input from the Wolfram blog
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 04:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

I just noticed (and I get the feeling I am rediscovering something I already
knew!) that when you save as XHTML+MathML from Mathematica 6 you get an XML
file (+ the usual HTMLfiles and HTMLlinks folders) which displays perfectly
OK (I use IE + MathPlayer on a PC). In the web browser I don't get text
popping up when I hover over an input cell; I need to click on the cell to
achieve this effect (for some unknown reason this doesn't always work). Then
if I Right-Click on this pop-up I am offered various options including Copy
MathML, which is sufficient to extract the information that I need from the
web page. I assume the details are different if you aren't using
IE+MathPlayer on a PC.

Maybe the entries in the Wolfram blog at http://blog.wolfram.com could be
generated using save as XHTML+MathML in order to "close the loop" for
getting the published input cells back into Mathematica.

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:f5o7d0$4rd$1 at smc.vnet.net...