Background Color in Tooltip

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78663] Background Color in Tooltip
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 03:28:58 -0400 (EDT)

The following seems strange to me:

Tooltip[xxx, xxx, Background->Pink]

because the documentation says: "background color for the tooltip" and it
seems that the natural thing we might want to do is control the background
color in the tooltip and not the output.

One way to overcome this is to make the second argument of Tooltip a Panel
and then we can not only control the Background color but also the ImageSize
to prevent runon tooltips. Or WRI could have made Background actually apply
to the tooltip and also allowed ImageSize as a Tooltip option.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/