Re: Compiled function changes somehow.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78674] Re: Compiled function changes somehow.
  • From: Nacho <ncc1701zzz at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 03:34:44 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you all your answers,they were very helpful to understand the
evaluation process and compiled functions.

Andrzej Kozlowski said:

>In fact this number is given by the function:
>
>F[n_] := 2 (Sum[EulerPhi[i], {i, 1, n}]) - 1
>
>(the proof is a nice exercise in elementary number theory so I won't
>disclose it here)

Yes, this is what I was looking for. I haven't studied number theory
(I've studied an enginieering, but forgetting it little by litlle).
Thanks also for the formula. Much faster than compiling :D

Regards.