How to plot a graph in a non-Cartesian coordinate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78642] How to plot a graph in a non-Cartesian coordinate?
  • From: Budaoy <yaomengliang at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 03:18:05 -0400 (EDT)

How can I plot equations in coordinates other than Cartesian
coordinate easily. In Mathematica 6, new commands are supported such
as PolarPlot and SphericalPlot and so on; my question is can I plot a
3D graph in spherical coordinate without SpherialPlot, and if I want
to plot a graph in Maxwell coordinate directly which command should I
use if I don't want to make a coordinate transformation?

P.S., I find that many calculations in Mathematica are much faster
than those in other computing algebra system, whether the difference
comes from those codes used in Mathematica calculations are kernel
functions( i.e. DSolve) and compiled in C, but in others not (maybe
written in their languages)?

Thanks for your reply.