Re: How to plot a graph in a non-Cartesian coordinate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78710] Re: How to plot a graph in a non-Cartesian coordinate?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 06:07:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

you can plot e.g. spherical coordinates in sperical coordinates axes

just using Plot or ListPlot. But I think that is not what you want. You

may want to use e.g. sperical coordinates and plot in a cartesian space.

Therefore, you need a coordinate transformation. This is made easy by

the package: VectorAnalysis where you find the function:

CoordinatesToCartesian.

hope this helps, Daniel