Re: slideshow presentation in Notebook format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79013] Re: slideshow presentation in Notebook format
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:16:50 -0400 (EDT)

A small bit of advice on using the Slide Sow palette to convert a
notebook into a slide show.  This is that, when on converts a notebook
to a slide show the original notebook is modified.  If you want to
retain the original notebook as well , you should make a backup copy
of it first.

I think that slide show conversion should actually be done "non-
destructively."  My recommendation to WRI is that this be modified in
a future release.  My suggestion is that converting to a slid show
should create a new notebook and leave the original unchanged.  The
user could then save the slide show where ever she or he wishes.

--David