Re: What's happening with Showin Mathematica 6?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79029] Re: What's happening with Showin Mathematica 6?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:16:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/15/07 at 1:12 AM, krassi at veltrade.net wrote:

>I tryed to run older notebooks in Mathematica 6 and I have this
>problem: when I have the Show[] function in somewhere, it doesn't
>plot anything! Fro example, run this: Do[Plot[Sun[x
>i],{x,-3,3}],{i,1,10}]

>It doesn't output anything! What's the problem?

This is because you need to explicitly output the graphics when
Plot is used inside a Do loop, i.e.,

Do[Print@Plot[Sin[x i], {x, -3, 3}], {i, 1, 10}]

Note, I've no idea as to what function you had in mind when you
use Sun. I changed this to Sin simply to have a standard
function to plot. Also, instead of using Do you could use Table
to generate a list of plots which can more easily be manipulated
later. For example,

GraphicsGrid[
  Partition[sineplots = Table[Plot[Sin[x i], {x, -3, 3}], {i,
9}], 3],
  ImageSize -> Large]

then later you could do

Show[Take[sineplots, {4, 6}]]