Re: change slider to pointed rectangle or arrow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79031] Re: change slider to pointed rectangle or arrow
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/15/07 at 1:07 AM, murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg)
wrote:

>Is there any way within Manipulate to make a slider appear as either
>a filled rectangle topped by a triangle -- a shape very roughly like
>this

>^
>_

>-- or as just a filled triangle or vertical arrow?

>What about in a more general expression using an explicit Slider?

>I ask this because the help gives the following example --

>Table[Slider[0.5, Appearance -> a], {a, {"UpArrow", "DownArrow"}}]

>-- but I see absolutely no differences in the results as from not
>using the Appearance option at all.

Using:

In[8]:= $Version

Out[8]= 6.0 for Mac OS X PowerPC (32-bit) (June 19, 2007)

when I do:

Table[Slider[0.5, Appearance -> a], {a, {"UpArrow", "DownArrow"}}]

I see two sliders. The first looks similar to the ASCII graphic
you posted and the second is an inverted version of the first.
And when I do:

Table[Slider[0.5], {a, {"UpArrow", "DownArrow"}}]

The slider button on both sliders is a circle