Graph, amplitude problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79120] Graph, amplitude problem
  • From: efifer at fas.harvard.edu
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:28:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I was trying to check to make sure that my graphs are representative of what is
going on in my function, so I made a graph that should plot several amplitudes
of the same height. (graphing frequency versus amplitude for the frequency
spectra). However, the graph that results shows frequencies at several
different amplitudes. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can
fix it? My code is as follows:

imax = 18.;
freq0 = 180.;
Do[freq[i] = freq0*i, {i, 1, imax}];

data = Table[Sum[10.*Sin[(2.*π*freq[i])t], {i, 1, 18}], {t, 0, 20000, 1}]

ListPlot[Abs[Fourier[data]], PlotJoined -> True, PlotRange -> All]

Thanks!
Emily