Re: Re: Re: annoying documentation in 6 (rant)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79138] Re: [mg79087] Re: [mg79068] Re: annoying documentation in 6 (rant)
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:37:45 -0400 (EDT)

Having seen the table Murray writes of... far down the page in
tutorial/InputSyntax... I think we both wasted our time finding it. The
table is very, very long... so long, in fact, that it's completely
useless. (And there's not just ONE of these monsters, either.)

The tutorial should be broken into about TEN tutorials, and I agree with
Murray that it's nearly impossible to find the table unless you know it
exists and exactly where it is. However... I like complete documentation
as much as anybody, but...

My advice: don't waste YOUR time, like Murray and I did.

When I want to know operator precedence, I always have a specific use in
mind, I type it in, I double-click on any operator, and voila! I see the
order of precedence. If it's not what I want, I add parentheses.

End of story.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com