Re: graphing traces of complicated evaluations (improved)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79244] Re: graphing traces of complicated evaluations (improved)
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose I'm tenacious.  Really I'm just not satisfied with Integrate returning Pi^2/6 for this integral.  I know it's a bug but aren't they just curious why it's giving this answer?

In[15]:=
Integrate[Log[1 + Exp[-z]/Sqrt[z]], {z, 0, Infinity}]

Out[15]=
Pi^2/6

I tried using your code to trace it but to no avail.  Any suggestions?