Re: export data to spreadsheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79249] Re: export data to spreadsheet
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:19:19 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/21/07 at 4:37 AM, mgcqso at comcast.net (Martin Channon) wrote:

>Greetings folks, this is my first time here. I don't use Mathematica
>very often, so I don't know the it very well, and I'm stumped on
>something that is probably pretty basic. Can anyone tell me how to
>export table data to a spreadsheet? Thanks.

The Mathematica function you want to use for this purpose is
Export. If you are using a recent version of Mathematica and
want to export to an Excel spreadsheet, then

Export[filename, data, "XLS"]

will do what you want

If you are using an older version of Mathematica or need to
export to something that cannot read Excel spreadsheet files
then you will need to use either

Export[filename, data, "CSV"]

or

Export[filename, data, "Table"]

Look up Export in the help system of your version of Mathematica
to determine what Export formats are supported.