Re: Re: Wolfram Workbench 1.1 now available

I was able to get my copy soon after the announcement on the website
-- before the e-mail.

However, it was not easy . The link for update now did not do the
trick, since I already had Workbench 1.0. I found another link on a
secondary page where the update was treated like any other
mathematica application package update -- type in the License number
for WorkBench, and voila.

Between the early failure, and success, I sent an e-mail to customer
service, and they reset my account so I could just DL the new Workbench.

In the past, premier subscribers got e-mail notification of new
stuff, like the 6.0.1 update and Workbench 1.1 a couple days before
the general announcement. This was not done for 6.0 and subsequent
releases.

It might be a good idea for Wolfram to return to their earlier
practice. It would save them time and customer service calls, with no
real marketing harm.

george woodrow