RE: Heat transfer -- possible in mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79394] RE: [mg79260] Heat transfer -- possible in mathematica?
  • From: "Jose Luis Gomez" <jose.luis.gomez at itesm.mx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:21:54 -0400 (EDT)

For simple geometries (rectangular slab) the command NDSolve[] can do the
work, look at the Documentation Center. On the other hand, for more
elaborated problems you can use the free Imtek Mathematica Supplement (IMS),
which implements Finite Element Method inside Mathematica, you can download
IMS from:
http://www.imtek.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/

Hope that helps!

Jose