Mathematica 6.0 math.exe question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79409] Mathematica 6.0 math.exe question
  • From: Yvon <ymgrigsb at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:29:41 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to run math.exe with a .m file in Windows XP.

The testAuto.m file has the following:

Integrate[Exp[I\[Pi]x],x]
Plot[Sin[x+Sqrt[2]Sin[x]],{x,0,2\[Pi]}];
Export["c:\\pods\\testOut.gif",%]
Quit[]

In the command prompt, I type        math.exe -run testAuto.m

It returns with In[1]:=  waiting for me to enter something.

The testAuto.m file is in the same directory as the math.exe program
(under C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\6.0)

It's as if it is not recognizing or reading the .m file.  Is the file
not in the correct format?  I originally wrote a notebook in the GUI
and did a Save As... file type package (*.m).  The resulting file in a
text editor showed that all the lines were converted to comments (*
*), so I deleted all the lines and symbols leaving only the actual
input commands and resaved.  I did this after trying the above command
line with the original .m output and received the same result.

Please help me figure out how to run this from the command prompt.  I
would like to write some "routines" in Mathematica to schedule
automatically to run overnight using the Windows scheduler.

Thanks in advance!
Yvon