Re: Can Mathematica do this?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79399] Re: [mg79366] Can Mathematica do this?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:24:30 -0400 (EDT)

Doesn't the Mittag-Leffler Theorem imply that ANY infinite sequence of
points in the complex plane having no limit point ca be the set of poles
of some meromorphic function?  But Mathematica has no way, does it, of
returning an infinite sequence of points unless there's some rather
regular rule describing it.

I guess the crux of the matter is in what form you would "plug in" a
complex function to Mathematica -- with what sort of expression you
would represent the function.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305