Re: Volterra Equation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79480] Re: Volterra Equation?
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 06:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

I think you're missing an x for a Volterra equation right:

y[x]=Integrate[(1/y[t]+k),{t,0,x}]

otherwise it's a homogeneous Fredholm equation.  Anyway, a Volterra equation like that, just differentiate both sides and then use DSolve:

DSolve[Derivative[1][y][t] ==
   1/y[t] + k, y, t]

Out[85]=
{{y -> Function[{t},