Re: Searching list for closest match to p

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79545] Re: Searching list for closest match to p
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:05:48 -0400 (EDT)

Yes Peter, I don't have it correctly.  I can't follow the proof either although I haven't looked at Titchmarch's proof below.

Daniel stated it as such: "Corrected wording is that the collection of zeros of partial sums converge to all values on the unit disk (note juxtaposition vs. "all converge to")."

Here's a reference for the proof.  Another proof can be found in Titchmarch's "Theory of Functions" I am told:

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1063012&blobtype=pdf