grid lines cutting into tick labels on y-axes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79554] grid lines cutting into tick labels on y-axes
  • From: kristoph <kristophs.post at web.de>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:10:29 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I'm using Show[...] to display some plots. To show what I want to show
I'm using grid lines together with the plots. Unfortunately, the grid
lines are cutting into the tick labels on the y-axes. To visualize the
problem you can use

Show[Plot[x,{x,0,1},GridLines->Automatic]]

as a simplified example.

How can I display the tick labels without interfering with the grid
lines? Or better, is it possible to end the grid lines at each axes?

Thanks in advance,
Kristoph