Re: Unbearably slow plotting (v6)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79556] Re: Unbearably slow plotting (v6)
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:11:31 -0400 (EDT)

thomas wrote:

> Anyway, my conclusion is that v6 is not usable AT ALL for my
> application, which is a bummer given the overall improvements that are
> apparently incorporated in v6.
>
> I wondered if there might be something wrong with some secrete
> settings that make the plotting so slow? Any other comments from the
> group?

hm, doesn't sound good... You could switch back to Version5 Graphics for
the Plot-Routines that are too slow and still use Version 6 with all
it's improvements for all the rest. This can be done with:

Get["Version5`Graphics`"]

switching back is done with:

Get["Version6`Graphics`"]

I would be interested to hear whether that helps for your use case...

hth,

albert