Re: Mathematica can make a software???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79573] Re: Mathematica can make a software???
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 05:22:52 -0400 (EDT)

To Ba Cuong wrote:
> I'm using mathematica for simulate my problem. But I want to make a software (Same writen by C++, VB,...) which have the user interface. Can Mathematica do that????
> If not can I connect Mathematica with Visual Basic???
> Please help!
> Thank my friend!

The API MathLink, which allows two-way communications between a
Mathematica kernel and an external program (written in C, Java, C#,
etc.), is what you need.

Arguably, the best source of information is the chapter "MathLink and
External Program Communication" from /The Mathematica Book/ See

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/TheMathematicaBook/PrinciplesOfMathematica/MathLinkAndExternalProgramCommunication/index.en.html

Note that you can/should disregard the "yellow sticker" that claims that
this documentation is obsolete, since it is very well written,
organized, and still accurate.

Nevertheless, if one is adventurous, not faint of heart, patient, and
also own a mouse in good shape and a compass, one can start digging
directly into version 6.0 documentation center. See
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/MathLinkAPI.html

HTH,
Jean-Marc