Eliminate in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79579] Eliminate in Mathematica
  • From: Fan <zhangfansetsail at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:40:29 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I want to solve a set of equations, including ordinary differential equations and algebraic equations, but 'NDSolve' does not work. Then I use 'Eliminate' and the algebraic equations to eliminate some variables. However, 'Eliminate' does not get rid of one of the variables I point to. I am sure it is possible to elimilate it. Who knows the reason? Thanks