Differential eqation: command set up

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79592] Differential eqation: command set up
  • From: Elias <agnosta at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:47:24 -0400 (EDT)

I want to solve the following differential equation through Mathematica:

du/dt=A*(d^2)u/dx^2 , A=const

Practically, this is the diffusion equation.

The boundary + initial conditions I have are:

* u(t=0, -1<x<1) =0
* u(t=0, x>=1, x<=-1) =1

I cant find the way to input these initial/boundary conditions in a command.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!