possible mistake in FullGraphics documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77066] possible mistake in FullGraphics documentation
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 04:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all,

   It seems that the documentation for FullGraphics might have a mistake in
it. It says, "FullGraphics[g] should display the same as g, though it may
have a different internal structure."

Yet the following two commands display significantly differently for me, in
particular with respect to the Background->Grey (absent in the FullGraphics
version) and opacity (absent in the Yellow and Red Backgrounds in the first
graphic):

In[76]:= g = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -4, 4},
  Epilog ->
   Text[Style[hi!, Blue, 24, Opacity[0.3], Background -> Yellow],
    Background -> Red], Background -> Gray]

In[77]:=FullGraphics[g]

In[78]:= $Version

Out[78]= "6.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (April 20, 2007)"

If anyone has some insight, please try to include me (cfo at lanl.gov) in the
reply list, since I am pretty sure that MathGroup messages to this address
are getting lost in the aether.

               Thanks,
                       Curtis O.