Re: How-to's in v6 ???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77071] Re: How-to's in v6 ???
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 04:22:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, you can still select all cells and press Shift-Enter. And the data base is downloaded once, and after you call AstronomicalData[something] you will find it in on Windows Vista at C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Paclets\Repository\AstronomicalData_Index-6.0.18\ so search a WLAN with a fast connection, call all you data bases and you are done. Regards Jens jrc wrote: > In the new v6.0, how does one 'evaluate' a complete notebook? > There seems to be no such menu option on top bar, as in previous > versions. > > Also, many of us do not have fast internet connections and no > possibility of getting same at reasonable cost. So I am interested > in how to get the contents of the new 'data' archives onto my > hard drive, and not have to go online every time I want, say, > 'AstronomicalData[something]'. Is that possible? > > Of course, some of this data does get 'updated', but mainly stays > the same. > > Thanks for comments, > > jrc - Montana > (Electrons are slow here - especially in the brain..) >