JLink error on startup

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77159] JLink error on startup
  • From: Chris Osborn <chrisosb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:34:17 -0400 (EDT)

To all,

I experience the following error on startup of Mathematica:

JLink`InstallJava::fail: A link to the Java runtime could not be
established.

Then the system appears to work as normal.

I am using version 6.0 (student) on Windows XP.
I could not find any documentation for this failure.

Can anyone offer a possible explanation?

Much obliged,
Chris