Alt+Click has no effect when I use LocatorAutoCreate->True

When I copy into a blank notebook the first example from the
documentation for LocatorAutoCreate (pasted below), I cannot create
(or remove) locators. Alt+Click has no effect in the resulting pane.
Using LocatorCreateAll->All instead works as expected for creating
locators; but I still cannot delete locators (using Alt+Click). Has
anyone else experienced this problem?

Manipulate[
 Graphics[{Line[u]}, PlotRange -> 2], {{u, {{-1, -1}, {1, 1}}},
  Locator, LocatorAutoCreate -> True}]