Re: v6: still no multiple undo?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77407] Re: v6: still no multiple undo?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 06:34:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Customer of PlusNet plc (http://www.plus.net)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
David wrote: > Will Robertson wrote: >> Hello, >> >> I am baffled that technical software is released in 2007 with only a >> single undo level. Am I missing something here? Is it because I'm >> using a student license? How hard can an undo stack really be in the >> notebook interface? >> >> I've been irritated a few times in v5.2 from clumsy keypresses losing >> me work that I would expect to be two "undo"s away. Alas not. Still. >> >> Will Robertson >> >> > > Good point! I've wondered the same thing for a long time. This is the > only app I run that doesn't happen multiple levels of undo. I think it's > time WRI spent some time on this issue. > How much time could it possibly take! Once you have a 1-level undo working, all you need to do is spill the relevant data into a structure - possibly on disk - and retrieve it as needed! David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk