Help with formatting output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77631] Help with formatting output
  • From: Diana <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:22:47 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica junkies,

I would like to format:

{35,36,2,4,5} as

1 35
2 36
2 2
3 4
5 5

I have a list, such as {35,36,2,4,5}, and want two-column output,
where the first column is the position n the list, and the second
column is the actual list. I want just a space between the columns.

I have Mathematica, TextPad, and Dreamweaver at my disposal. Can
someone give me a hint as to an easy way to do this? Thanks, Diana M.