Re: Notebook History -- what is it good for?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77610] Re: [mg77576] Notebook History -- what is it good for?
  • From: Brett Champion <brettc at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:12:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 13, 2007, at 6:31 AM , Szabolcs wrote:

> In Mathematica 6 there is an entry in the Cell menu: Notebook History.
> Does it do anything apart from tracking the modification times of
> cells?
>   Is anyone here using this feature?  If yes, how do you use it/why do
> you find it useful?
>
> I am just curious about this new feature.

I know I used it once to see how long a bug had been in a notebook,
but I don't remember the details, other than the time period involved
spanned a few months.

It will also tell you how many cells are in the notebook (or
selection) and what their sizes are, which I sometimes find useful.

Brett Champion
Wolfram Research