Re: Axis missing from simple ListPlot

On Jun 13, 4:35 am, Andrew Moylan <andrew.j.moy... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Consider this simple ListPlot:
>
> ListPlot[{{0, 3}, {1, 2}}, Joined -> True,
>  PlotRange -> {1, Automatic}]
>
> The resulting plot has no visible horizonal axis.
>
> The axis reappears if you replace Automatic with an explicit number,
> like 4, or remove the PlotRange setting entirely. The axis stays
> missing if you replace Automatic with Full or All.
>
> Any ideas?

>From the 5.2 Help file for PlotRange:

"A setting such as {min, Automatic} gives a particular minimum
 value for a coordinate, with a maximum value to be determined."

So both {1, Automatic} and {Automatic, 4} ought to work.
On my system (5.2, Mac OS X), {1, Automatic} works nicely;
{Automatic, 4} fails, giving the error message

"PlotRange::prng : Value of option PlotRange -> {Automatic, 4}
 is not All, Automatic, or an appropriate list of range
 specifications. More..."