Re: Mathematica 6.0 not running in Fedora 7?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77701] Re: Mathematica 6.0 not running in Fedora 7?
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:33:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
Pavel Pokorny wrote: > Dear Mathematica friends > > after installing Mathematica 6.0 in Fedora 7 (x86_64bit) > I get the following error message when trying to run it: > > [root@localhost mma]# math > /usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/Kernel/Binaries/Linux-x86-64/MathKernel: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory > > but I have > /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.8 > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.8 > > Is it safe to make a symlink form libstdc++.so.6 to libstdc++.so.5? > > Any help appreciated. > A quick google search turned up a FAQ  that says that they are incompatible so you need to install libstdc++ 5 separately.  http://forums.introversion.co.uk/uplink/viewtopic.php?p=410884