a beginner's question

I am a beginner in Mathematica and in programming. I read the book "An Introduction to Programming with  Mathematica".
Page 155:

 FindSubsequence[lis_List, subseq_List] := Module[{p}, p = Partition[lis, Length[subseq], 1]; Position[p, Flatten[{___, subseq, ___}]]]

I want to know more about the role of Module function and " ; "  in these lines. I have read documentation about Module function but it doesn't help me much in understanding this line of code. Thanks for helping me !

Regards,
Tung Anh