Re: Is TableForm broken?

Donald DuBois wrote:
> A single column heading doesn't seem to work.
>
> lst = {23, 24, 25, 26};
>
> Neither
> TableForm[lst, TableHeadings -> {Automatic, {"My List"}}]
>
> or
>
> TableForm[lst, TableHeadings -> {Automatic, "My List"}]
>
> or
>
> TableForm[lst, TableHeadings -> {{Automatic}, {"My List"}}]
>
> works.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Don

If I remember correctly, this is an old "bug" (google this newsgroup to
find the related threads). If you have only one column to display, you
should use *ColumnForm* (or *Column* in version 6) rather than
*TableForm*. For instance,

lst = {23, 24, 25, 26};
(* 5.2 and below *)
ColumnForm[Join[{"My List"}, lst]]