Re: Help with formatting output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77760] Re: Help with formatting output
  • From: Diana <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:27:25 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all who have given suggestions to this post.

Jean-Marc,

Yes, I am trying to get just two columns of text numbers, which can be
pasted into a text file with just one space between the columns.

I have tried to create the text file, per your post. "aa" is my list.

In[1]:= lst = aa;
Export["myFile.txt", MapIndexed[StringJoin[ToString[#2[[1]]], " ",
          ToString[#1]] & , lst], "Lines"]
FilePrint[%]

I see a message:

SetDelayed::write : Tag In in In[1] is Protexted.

Out[12779]= myFile.txt

Out[12780]= FilePrint[myFile.txt]

I am not finding "myFile.txt" when I search for it.

Diana