Options for a very large computation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77804] Options for a very large computation
- From: "Bob D" <rdobrow at carleton.edu>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 06:04:53 -0400 (EDT)
I'm solving a 24-by-24 linear system symbolically. After
getting what I want using NullSpace, I get a very complicated
expression in 4 variables. When I try to Simplify the expression (before
viewing) my system dies. Either I run out of memory, or, when I
add TimeConstraints -> Infinity to the Simplify function, it takes
"forever" (nothing after 8 hours).
Two questions: (1) Any suggestions for how I can get more processing power,
memory to do the calculations.
(2) I have access to more power, but the programs need to be written in
C++. Is there a way to convert the Mathematica code and the Simplify
command, in particular, to C++ and run it offline?
Prev by Date:
Re: FFT of the piecewise step function
Next by Date:
Re: Is TableForm broken?
Previous by thread:
Re: What is the problem?
Next by thread:
Re: Options for a very large computation