  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77966] Re: numerical integration problem
  • From: Gopinath Venkatesan <gopinathv at ou.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:45:01 -0400 (EDT)

Sean

Daniel's suggestion should help you.

A couple of times I used := operator, and because it is rule delayed, it substitutes all the parameters of the function as a last step (i.e when it is used). And I tried using = instead of := making sure that missing := is not going to change the output/performance.

As per your problem, if you have functions f[w], b[w], g[w] etc all defined in terms of w before using or finding x and y, and you can define the x and y using = operator.

I am only guessing...

Like g[w_]:=Sin[w],f[w_]:=Cos[w], etc, and you can in that case, express x[w_]=f[w]+i g[w], like that instead of x[w_]:=f[w]+i g[w];

Gopinath
University of Oklahoma