find all paths

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78135] find all paths
  • From: "Matt Enlow" <mattenlow at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:19:28 -0400 (EDT)

Calling all Combinatorica pros! This is driving me nutty.

I'd like to find a way to get a list of all paths through a given
directed, acyclic graph. This would presumably be a list of lists of
integers, each list indicating a sequence of vertices.

I thought this might be something that would come up often enough to
warrant its own built-in function, but I couldn't find one. (There are
functions that will give you the "shortest" path, but not all paths.)
I also feel as though there must be certain built-in functions that
would make creating my own such "list all paths" function relatively
simple, but I don't know what they are either. It seems to me that
someone with more Mathematica programming experience than I have would
most likely look at this problem and come up with an idea for writing
such a function rather quickly. Any takers?

Thank you very much in advance,

Matt Enlow