Re: Integration variables
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg78367] Re: Integration variables
- From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:46:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Show as your integral please. Dimitris mattew : > Hi everybody, Mathematica gives us the possibility to use spherical coordinates (r,Ttheta,Pphi): I'm trying to write an integral in the polar angle Ttheta of the form: > > Integral in [-1,1] Ttheta dCos(Ttheta) > > where Ttheta is the polar angle and the integration variable is the cosine of Ttheta in the interval [-1,1]. > > I got the following error: > > ntegrate::ivar: "Cos[Ttheta] is not a valid variable." > > Does anyone knows the reason for that? > > p.s: It happens with any system of coordinates, actually.