Re: How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78384] Re: How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:55:24 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser Abbasi schrieb:
> Hello;
>
> I have a small notebook which does a Manipulate[....], where I 'run'
> it for some simulation time, and I need to save this run to a movie
> file (format not important, quick time or avi etc....) so I can send
> it to someone.
>
> Is there a way to do this from within Mathematica other than doing a
> recording screen capture of the window itself in which this command is
> running in?
>
> I know of course I could save this as a Mathematica .nbp file and have
> someone run it inside Mathematica player.  But I think it is simpler
> if one can save an example run to a movie file first.
>
> Any idea if this is possible to do from inside Mathematica? I looked
> at the  documentation, and I can't see any example of how to do this.
>
> thanks,
> Nasser

You can use Export:

mm=Manipulate["stuff",{t,0,10}]

Export["movie.avi",mm]

your movie now shows the Manipulate running once forward then back.

If you have several controllers, not just the one as in the example
above, the movie will all controllers in turn.

Gruss Peter
--
Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de