Re: How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78385] Re: How to save/export a Manipulate[...] run to a movie file?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:55:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nasser,

a crude way to doit is to save the created graphics and finally store

them e.g. in AVI format. However, mathematica is awfully fast and

creates a lot of pictures. Therefore, it is best to put a Pause

statement in to slow it down. Here is ane xample:

tmp={};

Manipulate[(AppendTo[tmp,t=Plot[Sin[x^a],{x,.1,1}]];Pause[0.1];t),{a,-1,1}]

Export["d:/tmp/t.avi",tmp]

hope this helps, Daniel