GNU readline ability in the front end
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73827] GNU readline ability in the front end
- From: Frank Hu <frank1998 at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 06:19:57 -0500 (EST)
I'm new to Mathematica and like it. My main complain is the Frontend
lacking basic command line editing facilities. Specifically:
1. Line editing. I know there are basic Emacs key-bindings and Cmd-
l recalls the previous input. But what about recalling all previous
inputs? I'm not talking about re-evaluating the n-th input (In[n]),
but actually get back what I typed and make slight modifications,
without using the mouse.
2. Command history. Is there anyway to store and restore command
history automatically, so I don't have to save every session to a
3. Filename auto-completion. Cmd-k completes commands, how about
4. Also, what's with the one-level undo? How difficult is to have
I know there's JMath, but it does only text. Am I missing something
or the Frontend indeed is insufficient in this regard?
Prev by Date:
GenerateConditions->False gives fine result!
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: GenerateConditions->False gives fine result!
Next by thread:
Re: GNU readline ability in the front end