Re: Conversion to html problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73969] Re: [mg73914] Conversion to html problems
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:51:07 -0500 (EST)

I don't know if this is possible, but the technique I generally use
when a converter fails is to Trace (or TracePrint) the associated
command to find the point where the export fails. You may have to use
another notebook to do this, but I guess the procedure is:
1. Figure out the command name that "save as html" executes.
2. Figure out how to acquire the notebook expression for the notebook
you want to export.
3. Call the command on the notebook object to see what kind of output
it produces. If it is still failing in the same way as it does when
you call it through the menu system, then:
4. Use TracePrint with TraceInternal->True on the command. It will
probably be necessary to direct the output to a file instead of the
screen so that the front end doesn't become sluggish.
5. Use a really good text editor that won't crash when viewing
multi-megabyte files to browse the end of the trace output and to see
what went wrong.

http://chris.chiasson.name/